Good engagement practice was the focus of my presentation for over 100 participants of a Clear Seas event. Clear Seas hosted an interactive workshop on how advances in maritime traffic monitoring and modelling can directly improve marine safety best practices, emergency response and cross-jurisdictional collaboration across the Pacific Northwest.
I presented on Principles for Effective Dialogue and Civic Engagement, which included the two slides on this page, that may be of interest.
I then moderated an discussion among panelists that do engagement-based work in the marine environment. Panelists were:
- Russ Jones, Project Manager for Haida Oceans Technical Team, Haida First Nation
- Danielle Wensauer, Special Advisor, Marine Safety & Security, Transport Canada
- Katherine Beavis, Senior Consultant, Aboriginal Relationship, Transport Canada
- Michael Lowry, Manager of Communications, Western Canada Marine Response Corp
- Maia Hoeberechts, Associate Director of User Services, Ocean Networks Canada
- Stephanie Buffum, Executive Director, Friends on the San Juans
- Peter Luckham, Council Chair, Islands Trust