Short Videos on Benefits of Deliberative Democracy
The Alberta Climate Dialogue just released a series of short videos exploring the benefits of deliberative democracy, featuring well known practitioners such as Matt Leighninger (DDC), Janette Hartz-Karp (Curtin University), Edward Andersson (Involve UK) and others. These insightful snapshots of public engagement knowledge and case studies are a valuable resource for communicating deliberative democracy ideas to others:
- Deliberative democracy strategies – Matt Leighninger, DDC
- Nudge, Think, Shove – Edward Andersson, Involve UK
- City of Geraldton case study – Janette Hartz-Karp, Curtin University
- Design choices for deliberation – Jacquie Dale, One World Inc.
- Edmonton citizen panel case study – Fiona Cavanagh, CPI
These presentations were timely contributions to the City of Edmonton’s explorations on how public engagement can contribute to the City’s strategic environmental plan, The Way We Green. Watch these presentations by an elected official and senior administrator:
- Citizen deliberation for climate and energy – Councillor Don Iveson
- Engaging the Public on City of Edmonton’s The Way We Green strategy – Jim Andrais, Office of the Environment
Finally, here are some introductory and summary remarks for the presentations:
Disclaimer: I am on the Steering Committee of the Alberta Climate Dialogue.